Those that truly love us never really leave us, Harry. There are things that death cannot touch. Paint…and memory…and love.
Hey there folks. You didn’t expect Anj to come back from the dead, did you? lol.
Anyways, I read hp and the cursed child and it was GLORIOUS.GLORIOUS. Now I’m just gonna straight away delve into the review because my patience level is an absolute zero.
DISCLAIMER: This review will have two sections . Non spoilery and spoilery. I warn you though, do NOT read the spoilery section because you are going to get spoilt. However, if you have read the book and have to discuss it any cost, contact me on pinterest:seaweedbooks. Please do not leave spoilers in the comments.
*sourced from goodreads*
Check out my Goodreads for a crisp review of this book here.
I finished this book in about 3 1/2 hours. I know. KAH-RAY-ZEE.
Guess what? I LOVED IT. After reading many spoiler-free reviews of this book, and after hearing a lot of people complain about the character potrayals in this book, I was not very eager to read it. I was afraid that it may spoil the existing image of the series I had stored in my brain. Then, flash forward to one week back, when I saw this book sitting on a shelf in the library. It was definitely screaming my name haha. So I borrowed it and sat down and plunged into my home Hogwarts once more. Lemme tell you now. This didn’t disappoint me at all. Sure, it was short and very fast. But I just gobbled this book away and I felt warm and fuzzy after reading it.
This took me back to the day when I was looking through books in the library. I was ten then. I picked Philosopher’s Stone and eyed its cover scrutinizing the details. Then I decided that I had to borrow this thing. And so began my journey into the Wizarding World. I ws overwhelmed with the same feeling I had been overwhelmed with when I had read Philosopher’s Stone for the first time.
Well, got carried away in the flood of feels. But, this was how I was feeling after I finished Cursed Child:
It was good to meet all our previous characters, new characters, get to know Draco up close and of course Albus and Scorpius’ friendship was so heart-warming. Then, all the time turner stuff was simply magical. ABSOLUTELY. The three alternative worlds that could have been if something hadn’t occutred the way it should have was also very very interesting.
All summed up, I LOOOOOOVED this book to the moon and I experienced the feels I’d experienced when I had first read this series.
ONTO THE SPOILERY GUSHING NOW!!!!!!!!!!
gushing thoughts of a fangirl during the enitirity of the book.
- OH WHOOP! WE ARE IN KING’S CROSS! *plays and sings Hedwig’s theme off key* How I missed this world. It feels good to be back. AWWW who I s chopping onions because those are definitely happy tears.
- Is that Albus?
- Ahhh Albus. Scorpius. Lily. Rose. James. SO. MANY. FEELS. GOSH.
- Wait is that the end of Deathly Hallows we begin from?
- THE GOLDEN TRIO AND DRACO AND GINNY OMG THE FEEEEEEEELS.
- So you gonna TIME travel to save CEDRIC DIGGORY.
- SOMETHING TELLS ME THIS IS GONNA NOT END WELL.
- TIME TRAVELLING STUFF WHOHOOOOOO
- Awww I’m shipping Scorpius and Rose already.
- Was THAT A PLOT TWIST afjdjssnsdjsnsnszz?
- Delphi. IM GONNA KILL YOU.
- Voldemort had a daughter what even?
- For Voldemort and for valour?
- WHAT. HARRY DIES IN AN ALTENATIVE UNIVERSE. AND VOLDEMORT LIVES?
- DELPHI IS VOLDEMORT’S AND BELLATRIX’S DAUGHTER? WHAAAAAAAT.
- Draco 😍
- Realising that Harry is such a caring father now at least, Albus?
- MAN. WHAT. A. BOOK.